Since graduating from the Wellington Performing Arts Centre (now Whitireia Performance Centre) with a Diploma in Commercial Dance: Distinction, Virginia has not only produced all her own works, but has produced theatre and performance for independent companies and choreographers. As a producer, her role frequently includes funding, volunteer wrangling, and marketing and social media.
Producing roles include:
- The Performance Arcade 2016, an annual Live Art festival and programme of free events located on Wellington Waterfront.
- A Symphony of Sloths, directed by Marika Pratley, NZ Fringe Festival, Auckland Fringe Festival, Dunedin Fringe, 2014-15
- Urban Condition, Raw Arts Corporation, choreographed by Leonie Douglas, Wellington 2007
- Check It Out, You Can and You Will Productions, BATS Theatre, Wellington 2006
- The Operation of the Sun, Ake Ake Theatre Company, NZ Fringe Festival, Wellington 2006
- David Goldthorpe, The Performance Arcade